So, today is my birthday.
I am 41.
To be honest, last year’s birthday was pretty hard. Actually, it was awful! Not that I turned 40, but because this year has been a tough year.
Regardless, another year, another birthday and it has me thinking. I’ll be 50 in 9 years. I have 9 years to accomplish many of the things that have been on my bucket list. So, here goes. A little warning, some are crazy selfish!
41 Things I hope to Accomplish
- Take my dad and boys to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Actually take Tracie somewhere for our anniversary. We’ll celebrate 20 years this May and we’ve never done a trip to celebrate.
- Take my mom and my family to Washington DC.
- Finally get healthy.
- Lose 100 pounds.
- Give up drinking pop.
- Memorize the book of James.
- Read 12-15 books a year.
- Write the book that’s been on my heart for 10 years called…’A Field, a Pedestal and a Shattered Heart’. It’s about how to get back up after you’ve been knocked down and your heart has been shattered.
- Take my family to Ecuador to meet our Compassion kids and bless them.
- Plant 5 Thrive locations around MI. Big Rapids, Midland, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Lansing.
- Help plant and invest in 3 more brand new church plants in the US.
- Raise $170,000 to plant 2 Churches in Ecuador with Compassion and Stadia.
- Take my dad and family on a Baseball Stadium tour.
- Start a youtube channel for people who want to become a better communicator.
- Sponsor 2 more Compassion Kids. We have 3 now, we want 5. One for each Raitz kid.
- Take Tracie to Hawaii.
- Spend a week in Dana Point, CA. My favorite spot on the planet.
- Build or Renovate a building for Thrive.
- Open up a full time homeless shelter in Central MI.
- Open up a ministry for people to get their cars fixed.
- Be a part of buying 10,000 pair of shoes for local elementary kids in Central MI.
- Write a series of ebooks for Church Planters.
- Remodel our house.
- Put in a basketball court for our kids on our side lot.
- Finally own a hot tub.
- Fast one day a week.
- Take my family to Israel and see the Holy land.
- Preach at Newspring Church.
- Have a conversation with Andy Stanley.
- Sing with Darius Rucker.
- Buy my dad a brand new truck.
- Thrive Church families sponsor 1000 Compassion kids.
- Take dance lessons with Tracie.
- Write a book on 1 Corinthians 13 and call it something cool like…Choose Love…there’s no better way.
- Bring a Passion (Yes, with Crowder and the gang) event to Central Michigan University.
- Take each Raitz kid to wherever they want to go on the planet.
- Walk Bekah down the aisle.
- Start an online Bible College with Dr. Tom Rundel.
- Buy each Raitz kid their own computer.
- Help other families adopt kids.