Let me just say this…I love the team of people that God has brought together to help lead Thrive Church! For me, because I have been a part of a lot of rocky staff teams over the years, our team chemistry is super important to me.
I will not just let anyone be a part of this team. Much prayer goes into inviting someone to be a full, part or volunteer staff member. And, if someone begins to harm the team chemistry, there are conversations happening immediately to correct the wrong that is happening.
That being said, I received this text a few weeks ago and I was floored!
I was humbled and I was thankful.
This text came at just the right time…
It just hit me like a ton of bricks tonight. I’m so humbled to be a part of this team. I just found myself flooded with thoughts of my last position, how much struggle was there, and how much I sensed God stirring in my heart that it was not a good place for me to be in.
And then I remembered where I’m at now, and I couldn’t be more thrilled with how God has been at work! I am so far beyond all in to the Thrive vision, and I know God’s got some crazy things in store for us. I stinking love this place! You guys, this team, and this church are unreal. What a blessing.
Our staff team chemistry is super important to me. Here are some things we do consistently to keep improving our team chemistry…
Staff Team Chemistry
1. We over communicate. And then we communicate some more. I have been a part of some teams where no one knew what was going on. I promised myself that that would never be the case with our Thrive team.
We have a Google Master Calendar and all of these dates are put on our individual calendars. We also group text a lot. We have a staff Facebook group and we email ideas a lot.
I tell my team all the time, please make sure I know what’s going on. Little things like texting folks if you’re going to be in late or reminders when you’re out of town, are huge!
Communication is the key to a healthy staff team!
2. We are authentic. Maybe too much! Hah! But, we don’t need any fakeness or folks who are hiding their thoughts.
3. We work hard. A strong work ethic is one of the things we look for in potential team members and we work hard as a team! T
4. We have fun together. If you stop by our offices, you may catch a game of mini Kan Jam. We take moments throughout the week to have fun and to build our chemistry.
5. We pray together. We have a bi-weekly staff meeting and we devote a good portion of it to prayer.
I love the team that I have the privilege of serving with and I can’t wait to see who God adds in the future!!