The Raitz family had an amazing year in 2015!
There’s just no way around it. Yes, we had some bumps and experienced a descent amount of pain, but the joy we experienced…far outweighed the pain!
Here’s what I loved about 2015…
We traveled together.
- We went to Camp Timber Lee twice for speaking engagements.
- Bobby and I went to CA together. We hung out on the beach, we hung out in downtown Hollywood and then I spoke at a great ministry event.
- We went to a Milwaukee Brewers game.
- We went to Chick-Fil-A every chance we got.
- We went to a Tigers game.
- Tracie and I went to Vegas.
- We spent a week in Grand Rapids as I taught at a summer camp.
- Bekah and I went to Ecuador on a Compassion and Stadia vision trip.
- Tracie and I went to Tampa with the Thrive staff for a conference.
We laughed together.
- Yes, it’s not all roses and laughter. But, we have some amazing times together as a family!
- We love watching movies together. We love watching ‘The Office’ together.
- And yes, we’re big Pitch Perfect fans!
We helped build a Church together.
- For many families, their life equation goes like this:
Work/Family Stuff/Kids Sports/Camping/Hunting and then God/Church
Now, that’s just what I’ve experienced from over 20 years of serving at Churches and, it’s been that way for some seasons in our families lives.
We made a huge decision to reverse the equation when we planted Thrive…
God/Church and then Work/Family Stuff/Kids Sports/etc
It’s amazing what happens in your life and your families lives when you put God and the Church first. So, we have had a blast building and helping grow Thrive Church.
- I love that our kids look forward to what’s next at Thrive!
- I love that our kids all serve at their Church.
- I love that our family talks about our Church and talks about how we can improve it.
- I love that our family is so invested into our Church.
We bought a home.
- Yeah, this was stinking awesome! In 18 years of marriage, we have always rented and we were finally able to buy our dream home in 2016!
- The story behind this is just absolutely nuts and is one of those ‘ONLY GOD’ moments that you read about in books!
- But, the short story is…God provided a down payment and we were able to use that to buy our home!
- Honestly, I’m still shocked!
What does 2016 have in store?
- We’re adopting Winona Mae from China! We can’t wait! At some point, we’re praying sooner than later, Tracie and I will need to spend 2 weeks in China to bring home Winona!
- Bekah turns 16 on Feb. 22!
- We’re hoping to take a family vacation to Disney World.
- We’re praying somehow we’ll be able to buy a bigger vehicle once Winona comes.
- I’m speaking a Camp Timber Lee again and in Orlando this summer.
- Depending on when Winona comes, we’re going to travel together to INDY for the National PKU conference.
- Next school year, we will have an 11th, 9th, 7th and 3rd grader!!
My family is truly blessed. I love my family. They’re the best part of my life.
My hope is to increase the number of date nights I take with my wife and each kid separately. My hope is to coach the boys baseball team again. My hope is to start taking Bekah to visit some colleges. My hope is to take Tracie away on a short 19th anniversary trip in May.