It’s no secret that I’m the President and Co-Founder of the Rebekah Raitz fan club.
From the moment she was placed in my arms, she’s had my heart. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her and there’s nothing I wouldn’t sacrifice for her to live out her dreams.
We have traveled together. We have flown all over the country together. We have walked the streets of a village in Ecuador together. She has sat in the front row of literally hundreds of my speaking gigs. She has hung out in countless green rooms as I spoke from stages. We have had thousands of conversations. We have talked about God, and sports and boys, and friends and pinterest and One Direction and Jesus and Church.
She’s just beautiful inside and out.
Her heart is just solid gold.
She is a leader and I love that! She has big opinions and she’s not afraid to share them. Countless adults have told me they’re amazed at how well she talks and carries on conversations with adults.
She’s a communicator and isn’t afraid to get in front of a group of people and share what’s on her heart.
AND, I love her Wisdom!
We were hanging out yesterday and we talked about a million different things.
- We talked about her future and what she wants to do and what God is calling her to do.
- We talked about College and her plans for that. We talked about getting a jump start on applying for scholarships. We talked about her taking as many general ed classes as she can before she graduates high school.
- We talked about boys and the right kind to be friends with and to be interested in. I have been begging her since she was little to fall for boys who have fallen in love with Jesus.
- We talked about high school and some of the silly drama and how some kids are so wrapped up in things that don’t matter.
And, we talked about Church. She’s actually pretty passionate about Church and her Church.
She serves every Sunday and without a fight. We leave the house together as a family at 630am and Bekah is typically in charge of setting up a room and then running it for Thrive Kidz.
Now, I’ve mentioned to her a few times that I think she would be an amazing Pastor! She’s pretty hesitant about that and that’s great. I will support her in whatever area she invests her life. But, her leadership would be amazing in any Church.
But, it’s funny the wisdom that started flowing when she started to talk about Church. Here are a few Rebekah points of Wisdom…
ONE…She asked me why more Adults don’t serve at Church. I said, well, people are busy and some aren’t in the right season of life. She just couldn’t understand all the excuses people have about not serving at Church.
- She says…How do people think the Church will operate if nobody steps up and serves? How do people think they will experience God?
- Yeah, great point!
TWO…She overheard me telling Tracie that someone left Thrive because they thought it was wrong we teach about money and give people a chance to give.
SIDE BAR: As a Pastor, as a Dad and having a ministry family…we work very hard to protect our kids from the junk and pain and gossip that sometimes happens.
- Back to Bekah. She thought about it for a minute and she said…’Outside of the fact that Jesus talked about money almost more than anything else, how do those people think the Church will operate if nobody gives? And, why wouldn’t you want to give, do they see all the amazing life change happening’?
- Yeah, great point!
THREE…She asked me why it seems so many adults live life like high school students. Surrounded in the drama they either make up or invite themselves into. I said, I don’t know.
- She then says…’Well, its time for them to grow up’.
- Yeah, great point!
Obviously I’m proud of my daughter. I love her.
Our goal from day one as parents was to point her to Jesus, to love her so much that it would be hard to ever wonder if she was lovable and to prepare her to be a self-sufficient human being!
I have seen so many kids over the years that aren’t ready to be self-sufficient.
Well, I can proudly say, we could probably kick out Bekah now and she would do just fine! Hah.
I know God has amazing plans for this young woman and I believe He is going to use her to shake up the Kingdom!