For whatever reason, I’ve been doing a pretty good amount of thinking and reflecting lately.
Maybe it’s because I turn 40 next month. Maybe it’s because Thrive Church turns TWO on October 4th. Maybe it’s because my kids are becoming teenagers.
For whatever reason, I’ve just been in a pretty reflective state the past couple of weeks.
I’ve been thinking about August. We’re not even done with it yet and for Thrive Church, it’s been one of our best months ever! Not so much when it comes to some of the data that churches track. Our attendance hasn’t been off the charts (except for our baptism Sunday!!) or either has our giving. But, when it comes to impact. Wow!
- We kicked off a 31 Day Prayer Walk and it’s been so awesome to see people post photo’s from the their prayer walks online.
- We kicked off a series called ‘I love my Church‘ and I think it’s been one of our best series yet!
- We baptized 63 people!
- Facebook literally blew up for several days and thousands of people looked at the photo’s that were posted online.
- Our One Youth interns have been posting update videos and their second video ever had more than 700 views!
- We hosted a night at the HUB where my friend Dr. Tom Rundel from Liminal Leadership taught on the Gospel and it was just stupendous. Plus, he poured into our staff and there wasn’t a dry eye in the room!
- Today, our Church leaves the building and serves schools all over the place! Yeah, we cancelled our experiences to do this! It’s kind of nuts! The worrier in me wonders if people will come back next week! Hah! But, this is going to be AMAZING!
- This Wednesday we have our Volunteer kick off or Vollapalooza as we call it and we’re making and making huge steps towards training and encouraging our volunteers.
- Then, on Saturday, we send out teams of Thrivers to pass out waters to a concert in downtown Mt Pleasant. And at the same time, a group of Thrivers are going to be passing out frisbees and other fun stuff at MainStage, an event that welcomes CMU students.
- And finally, we finish our ‘I love my Church’ series on August 30th! If that wasn’t enough, we introduce and pray over Thrive’s new Elders! Plus we’ll watch our baptism highlight video! Whew!
What a month!
Needless to say, in my humble opinion, Thrive’s impact this month has been Off the Charts! We’ve been a little too busy for my liking, but I’m praying like crazy that all of this momentum is setting us up for a truly tremendous fall launch!
I’ve been thinking about turning 40. I looked forward to turning 30 and welcomed it. I don’t have a crazy aversion to turning 40 and my world doesn’t seem to be falling a part. Am I where I want to be? No. Do I get stuck in the rut on ‘what if I would have done things differently’? Sure. But, I’m excited to turn 40. I’m excited to welcome my 40’s and finally make some of the changes that I’ve known for a long time need to happen.
I’ve been thinking about my kids. We have a 10th, 8th, 6th and 2nd grader. I just can’t figure out when that happened. It really does seem like yesterday that they were toddlers and we were filling up strollers and wagons. Don’t get me wrong, I love this age. But, wow, we’ll blink and they will be done with high school.
I’ve been thinking about Jesus. Gosh, I just want to know Him more. I want people to see Him in my life. I want to spend great amount of time with Him. I want to be hungry for the ways of God. I want to be covered in the dust of my rabbi.
I’ve been thinking about the future of Thrive. We’re just turning TWO. We’ve accomplished so much and yet, I believe with ever ounce of my being that the best is yet to come! We have some giant goals this next year for Thrive and I can’t wait to lay them out in September during our REACH series!
I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I’ve been reflecting. I’ve been talking to Jesus about it all. I don’t have many answers. I actually have more questions. But, I’m just trusting. Just reflecting.