Yesterday I posted a bunch of reasons to take your daughters on daddy/daughter dates.
Today, I thought I would give 4 super easy ways to make your daddy/daughter dates great!
1. Put the date on the calendar and let nothing else trump it.
2. Spend a few days asking your daughter what she wants to do on your date.
Give her ideas, but let her dream. If she’s old enough, text back and forth about it.
3. When you’re on your date…Listen, Listen, Listen. In order to do that, you have to ask a crazy amount of questions.
- What’s your favorite…Band, Singer, Web Page, Food, Bible Verse, Color, Store
- What friend cares for you the most? What do you do for them?
- What kind of boy makes you smile?
- How much do you think Jesus loves you? Why does He loves you?
4. Do whatever she wants.
Don’t say no or not now. And just do it. Ok, don’t rent a private jet and fly to London for her to hang out with One Direction! Do it if you can! But, there are a million ways to make the date special, so…make it special.