Father’s Day is tomorrow.
Don’t even get me started about how quick time is flying by! But, anyways, it’s tomorrow.
I am excited for a bunch of reasons:
1. I love my dad. He’s the best. A great dad, a great man and I can’t wait to tell him.
2. I love being a dad. The best! I love my kids and I love this privilege that God has given me.
3. I love my church and we’re loving on dads tomorrow.
Earlier in the week, my wife asked what I wanted for Father’s Day. That’s a good question. We’re in and have been in a season where we really don’t buy gifts for each other…my wife and I. Birthdays, Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day. Lot’s of bills to pay and the kids have greater needs than we do.
But, I have been thinking about that question more and more. And, I think there are some things I want for Father’s Day.
What I want for Father’s Day
1. I want–hope–believe–pray for my kids to love Jesus with every ounce of their being. I pray daily they won’t walk away from their faith, but they will hold onto it and continue to grow. I pray that everyday they will fall more in love with Jesus.
2. I want–hope–believe–pray that my kids will be reckless worshippers. That they will live their lives in such a way that they worship God with their lifestyle. When it comes to singing worship, I pray everyday that they would be passionate worshippers.
3. I want–hope–believe–pray for my kids to love the local church and to love their love church. My hope and prayer is that church will never become dull to them or they will look for ways to get out of it.
4. I want–hope–believe–pray that my kids will radically change their and the world. I pray everyday that my kids would see others with God’s eyes. That compassion and mercy and love would flow through them to people who are desperately in need of them.
I know there’s more, but that pretty much sums up what I want for Father’s Day. New tech gadgets would be cool, but I would love for my kids to Love God passionately and to loves others selflessly.