This Sunday, Thrive Church is hosting Dad Fest!
We did it last year even before we were an official church and it was great!
This years Dad Fest will be our first official go at hosting a major event to attract more families and specifically more men to church. Many churches host an event like this and I learned first hand how powerful this event can be when I worked at Willow Creek.
Dad Fest will include:
- Cool cars
- Sweet vehicles
- Big Inflatables
- BBQ, a BBQ competition
- Live Band
- Games for Dad and Kids
- Epic Water Balloon Launch.
Why are we doing this?
1. To reach more people. Thrive’s mission is to help people find and follow Jesus and this falls right in line with our mission. We’re working hard to stay focused on doing things and events and programs that fall in line with our vision and mission. This does perfectly!
2. To give Thrivers a fun opportunity to invite people. This kind of event lends itself nicely to inviting friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to church. It’s just awesome!
3. To introduce people to Jesus. Before Dad Fest begins, I will unashamedly speak about Jesus and how He can change our lives for the better in our Sunday morning experience.
4. To make memory makers for Thrive Church. I really believe that as a church, we have to take risks. This is a big one. Especially since some of our key volunteers are traveling this weekend. Which, is obviously understandable. But, I hope and pray in years to come, that people will change their travel plans around this event because of the power it has to reach people.
What can you do to help?
1. Be at Thrive on Sunday!
2. Change your plans. Bring your family.
3. Invite people on Facebook.
4. Pray like crazy that people far from God will come.
5. Invite as many people as you can.