This weekend, our brand new church plant
brought students to SpringHill Camp for their 4th-6th grade juniors retreat!
Because students matter! Because retreats matter!
At Thrive, we are ridiculously passionate about pouring incredible resources and energy into our kids and students and that will never change.
The really incredible thing is, we don’t have to go far to find an incredible retreat for our students. The state of MI is blessed to have many, many great camps and retreat centers! And the nice thing is, for me, I’ve been a guest speaker at many of them.
One of my absolute favorites is SpringHill Camp! I just love this place. I love their crystal clear vision. I love their facilities. I love their attention to detail. I love their heart for students. I love their heart for families.
So, we are having a great weekend so far!
1. The worship is GREAT. I love that our students get to have this amazing experience and learn to worship God with their heart, souls and minds.
2. Our adult leaders are AWESOME. Sarah Burkhart headed up this trip and she is just amazing. She is great with kids and is an amazing small group leader!
3. It’s super fun. Yeah, the fun is off the charts. Swimming, zip lining, paintball, crafts, horse backing riding, sports and so…so much more.
4. The theme is great! It’s Impossible and we’re talking about how with God, all things are possible! I love how creative the SpringHill team is with the sessions and how awesome they are at communicating the gospel to this age group!
5. Small groups are INCREDIBLE!. I just love our small group times! Our students are asking such amazing questions about God, it’s just awesome!
Even though we have a small group for this first retreat. We won’t always. In the years to come, we will fill vans and then busses and then cabins. Why? Because retreats and students are a high priority for Thrive and we want to give our students an incredible opportunity to meet with God and to follow Him.