Today is my 38th Birthday!
Wow, almost to 40! I keep telling people it’s my 14th anniversary of being 24! Hah!
But, with 4 kids, my wife and I really don’t do gifts. But, in place of that, I’ve been thinking about what I really want for my birthday.
Here’s what I want for my birthday
…(and, yes, I guess this is a pretty selfish post)
1. I want to be a man that chases after God.
2. I want to be a husband that chases after his wife.
3. I want to be a dad that chases after his kids.
4. I want to be a son that chases after his parents.
5. I want to be a brother that chases after his brother.
6. I want to be a friend who chases after this friends.
7. I want to be a pastor who chases after his church.
8. I want to chase after the needs of others.
9. I want to chase after spending great time with God.
10. I want to chase after building the kingdom of God, not my kingdom.
It’s a lofty list. Probably too lofty for a guy like me.
But, goodness…I want this.
I want to leave selfishness behind. I want to leave my pride behind. I want to leave my bitterness behind.
This is what I want for my birthday.