I’ve been thinking a lot about this question.
I tell people I pray for them ALL THE TIME!
But, do I always pray for them? Am I only praying for those I love?
I wonder if you can relate?
What if we became extremely focused on praying ? If it consumed us. What would that be like?
So, are we really praying for each other.
Scripture is filled with nudges to pray for other.
1 Timothy 1:1-2 (Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.
Matthew 5:44 (Message)
When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves.
What if we really did pray for each other every day?
I don’t know about you, but there are days when I tell people I’m praying for them and because of the business of the day, I forget. Or when I do pray, I pray weak…little prayers!
What if we REALLY PRAYED?
1. Make a list of everyone you think you should be praying for.
2. Then, make a list of everyone you think you shouldn’t be praying for.
3. Spread out the lists over the week.
4. Set up a time with God every day to Pray.
5. Seek God, get alone, be quiet and go to God on the behalf of your lists.
6. Ask for God to bless them. Give them His favor. Pour open the floodgates of heaven upon them.