1. You’ve been called by God.
2. He’s placed the vision and dream on your heart.
3. You believe in Church Planting and you want to help launch a new church.
4. You’ve been looking and searching for a church home.
I could go on and on.
But, here’s the thing…there are many reasons to not help launch a church.
1. It’s the cool thing to do.
2. You were guilted into it.
3. All of your friends are helping launching the new church and you don’t want to be left out.
And the Worst Reason of them all
~You are ticked off or upset at your current church.
Ok, here’s the deal…that is just an awful reason to help launch a new church. Why bring those feelings into something new? If you’re upset and angry enough at your church to leave, you have to deal with those feelings. You have to get answers to these questions:
What’s the root of those feelings? Why are you so upset? What made you so mad you’re ready to leave?
Once you find the answer to those questions, you can move to the next step. That next step is to figure out if God is really calling you elsewhere or you’re really just too hurt and can’t go on.
If the hurt and pain are too much to keep attending, take some time off. Heal up. Find someone to talk too. Stay and help make that church the best it can be.
But, if you really know and feel that God has called you to be a part…then take a step of faith and help launch a new church!
Never do it for the wrong reason. Never.