It’s midnight and I’m absolutely giddy! I absolutely cannot wait for the morning.
Because our brand new church is having our 3rd pre-launch service and tomorrow’s is our first on a Sunday morning. We’ve been having them on Sunday nights, but we’ve made the switch to the morning.
We’re just taking it slow and hosting a pre-launch service each month. In time, we’ll move to every week, but we have quite a few steps to take before that.
I’m just crazy excited. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited/passionate/fired up! I know, I KNOW, that God has a great plan for our new church and I’m just trying to stay out of the way.
It’s so crazy amazing to see so many people using their gifts, their talents, their time and their energy to literally pray this Church into existence. I literally have conversations every week, almost every day, from people contacting me about wanting to get involved.
I even have local pastors and pastors from other areas of the country emailing me saying their praying for us! So humbling and honoring!
Someone asked me recently, ‘Why this Church?’
1. Because God has given us the sacred calling to plant a Church.
2. Because we need more local churches.
3. Because there are so many people who need the hope of Jesus and they need to experience His amazing love.
Tomorrow, I’m teaching from Romans 12:9-20 and encouraging our church that we can never become an inward focused, country club, only love those on the inside kind of church. We must always be looking for people to extend God’s love too and we must love others in every situation and every time we have a chance.
Here’s a snapshot of the dream for our Church
- A Church who is love with Jesus.
- A Church where no perfect people will be allowed.
- A Church that will value the arts.
- A Church that is fun and laughter.
- A Church who will span all generations, but who will invest ruthlessly into the younger generation.
- A Church where it is ok to have loud music.
- A Church that values Stories.
- A Church that cares more for the inside of people than the outside.
- A Church that is for the Community, not just in the Community.
- A Church who radically gives to God and to those in need.
- A Church that’s not stuck on tradition and loves Change.
- A Church where the dechurched and unchurched will feel accepted and wanted, no matter their beliefs.
- A Church where those who are centered on Christ will be pushed to grow and not become comfortable.
- A Church that will bring Hope.
- A Church that will give people next steps every week.
- A Church that will Love Others Selflessly and Love God Passionately.
Romans 12:9-10 (the Message)
9-10 Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.