Wow, last night was awesome!
I have the amazing privilege of speaking to students this weekend at SpringHill Camp in Evart, MI…and it’s crazy exciting!
SpringHill is a great place that creates amazing environments for students to meet and experience Jesus! And that’s my prayer this weekend!
Few Highlights so Far…
1. Seeing my son Bobby in the audience while I teach! I have seen him in the audience many times before, when he’s traveled with me to camps and retreats that I have spoke at, but this is the first time he’s an actual attender. So thankful for my good friend Jon Faber for a bringing up a group of guys to our new churches first student retreat!
2. Experiencing a pack out room worship! There are a lot of students here from all over and it’s so powerful hearing that many students sing songs to Jesus. Plus, Attaboy is leading worship and I love them. Not just their music, but their hearts.
3. Teaching through a verse that changed my life. The theme verse for the weekend is Ephesians 2:10. This verse wrecked my life for the good when I was in 8th grade! My hope and prayer is that it will wreck some lives this weekend! Would love your prayers!
Please pray that students would meet Jesus. Pray that students would make commitments to follow Him. Pray that God would speak through the adult leaders that are here.
4. Seeing old friends. I love spending time with youth pastors and your workers! It’s always like a reunion! I’m amazed by these tremendous people and I’m praying that God not only gives them strength, but gives them moments to speak His truth into their students lives.
5. Hanging with the SpringHill staff. I have had the blessing of speaking at a lot of camps and retreats and in my opinion, no one does it better than SpringHill. That’s partly because they have amazing people on staff. Its awesome to spend time with Eric Woods, Cody Crawford and Chris Law.
6. Meeting Mark Beeson. This is so crazy cool. Mark is the Pastor of Granger Community Church and he’s here with his Jr high group. Yeah, that’s just awesome! I have admired and respected Mark for years and it was awesome to meet him last night. Even though it was short, it was so humbling that he introduced himself to me and encouraged me. So honored!
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which he prepared in advance for us to do”