- No Facebook/Twitter/Email/Texts
- No worrying about returning calls
- No spending way too much time thinking/praying/worrying about raising funds or finding the next speaking engagement
Today I’m going to enjoy my family in downtown Louisville, KY.
It’s easier said than done. When you no longer receive the comforts and blessings of a consistent, every two week paycheck, it’s hard to take a day off.
REALLY HARD. It’s really hard to shut off your mind.
It’s hard not to think about contacting schools, or churches or potential donors.
It’s hard to turn off the worry button in my head.
But, I know this…
- God is in control
- He loves me and my family and has us in the palm of His hand
- He’s providing for us and providing people to help us live out the mission and vision He’s given us.
So, today, I’m going to take a day off.
In the midst of writing projects and contracts and speaking engagements just around the corner.
I’m praying that God gives me rest today.
I’m praying that God gives our family an amazing day to enjoy each other and have fun.
I’m praying that God brings us safely home tomorrow.