I’m getting ready to leave. I just gave my last talk of the week, 10 all together and I’m getting ready to pack up the car.
I’m whooped, but in a good way.
It’s been an amazing week.
In 15 years of speaking at summer camps, this was one of the best!
Here are a few thoughts about summer camp…
1. Mom and Dad’s get your kids at a summer camp! Find a great christian camp or a church youth group and sign your kids up. Holy cow! These weeks are an incredible spiritual and kingdom investment into your kids lives.
2. I adore adults who invest into kids for a week! There were adults here who took off a week of work. Who slept in cabins with kids and who poured into them!
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”.
Years ago I read a book that changed my life. It was written by John Maxwell and it’s called…Partners in Prayer.
It was at a time in life when I was young and foolish enough to think that I could everything on my own! I actually was under the delusion that I didn’t need help.
Well, I read that book and it changed my life. As soon as I finished it, I recruited my first prayer partner and it wasn’t long until I had a team of people praying for me.
That’s why I believe passionately that…
Everyone needs a Sarah and a Robin!
I’m extremely blessed. Through facebook and through email, I have a team of people from around the country who pray for me and my family and my ministry on a regular basis!
But, here locally in Central MI, I have two incredible women who pray for me. And, wow, do they pray.
Almost weekly I receive facebook messages from them in the form of prayers.
I can’t even describe how honored I am! It is so humbling to read their prayers and to know that they are genuinely praying for me and for God to use me.
I know, I KNOW, that my impact wouldn’t be as great without their faithful prayers. I am so thankful and I ask God to pour His favor on them daily!
If you don’t have a Sarah and a Robin…I suggest doing everything you can to find some!
There is one skill, one ability, one task that every leader needs to learn.
Especially if you’re in the people business.
If you’re a Pastor, a Teacher, or Speaker this lesson and skill is of great importance.
Learn and Remember Names
It is so incredibly important! Why?
1. It honors people.
2. It shows them you care.
3. It keeps your mind and your heart in people mode.
Simple Ways to Remember Names
1. Put some effort into it. So many people don’t even try. “Oh, I’m not a name guy”. Or…”I don’t have that gift”. I agree that not everyone has the gift, but everyone can learn some names.
2. Really try and really care. If you tell yourself it’s important, it will be important.
3. Look them in the eye and say their name back to them. This is the first and easiest step. Either shake their hand or make an effort to look them in the eye and say their name back to them.
4. Try to associate something or someone with them. This gets a little tricky, but do your best to think of an image or someone you can help remind your brain.
5. Work at it! Don’t stop. Keep trying.
If you’re in the people, its your job.