I was having a conversation with a friend last week and they asked me this question about church planting.
Is another Church really needed?
They were confused why anyone would want or need to plant or launch a new church.
In their words…“what’s wrong with my church?” they asked.
I said…‘nothing is wrong with your church, that’s never a good reason to start a new church. But, your church isn’t reaching everyone and there’s a HUGE need for more churches to reach more people for Jesus’.
I went on to say that church planting is one of best tools we have to reach new people for Jesus and instead of asking that inward focused type of question, we should be saying…
Congrats! That’s Awesome! How Exciting! Way to Go! How can I pray for you? What do you need?
From all the reading, research and thousands of conversations I’ve had over the last 18 years about church planting, I’ve found really only 3 reasons to start a new church.
3 reasons to plant or launch a church:
1. To reach more people for Jesus. Period!
2. God’s called you to plant a church. Yup!
3. Make disciples. Yes!
There are other reasons, but I think they could fall under those three.
Maybe I’m wrong. What am I missing? Am I off?
If you want to be a part of what God is doing in Central MI, here’s how:
Be a part…
1. Visit us on Sunday, April 28th at 9:30am at Celebration Cinema.
2. Email me and let’s grab coffee.
3. Pray about how you can help us reach more people for Jesus and help them become disciples.
If you don’t live in this area, we still need your help…
1. Pray for us. Pray that we have God’s favor with those far from Him and from the community we’re trying to reach.
2. Donate. We would love if you prayed about giving financially or blessing us with a gift.
If you would like more information, please email me at email@example.com.